Sam is the man. He is the most senior staff recording and mixing engineer at Gravity Studios. In session, Sam strikes a balance between his comfortable, laid-back vibe and attentive focus towards musical performance and work-flow. Although never a huge fan of school, Sam certainly does his homework prior to recording sessions so you can focus on just doing you.
RANDOM FACTS ABOUT SAM
- has been a student of Doug since the beginning. Doug was one of Sam's teachers at Tribeca Flashpoint Academy.
- was the Sound Supervisor for the feature film, "Chicago Rot." 140min of sound FX and sound design. The drums for the soundtrack were recorded at Gravity.
- will be seen with a measuring tape for double-checking accurate mic placement
- winner of Chicago Best Beard contest '13. Runner up in '12*.
- recorded an opera singer, a traditional South Indian Carnatic Classical acoustic/electric VEENA band, and a Radiohead-style rock band all within the same week. That was a fun week.
- rides a motorcycle
- climbed Mt. Kilamanjaro in Tanzania while shooting a documentary about the non-profit org It Can Be Done, which drills for clean water in Africa.
- may secretly be Rick Rubin's unclaimed son
*Sam was the only contestant in this fictional beard contest.