Producer & AUDIO Engineer
Tim Yamaya is a Renaissance man. You'll find him splitting time between playing in sessions, producing, and managing the studio. He's the guy you can talk to about your project, even if he's not your primary audio engineer. In fact, feel free to talk to him even without a project going on. You'll find yourself having open, honest conversations about the best path forward. He likes to ask lots of questions to make sure that everyone's goals are aligned and generate new ideas.
Random Facts about Tim
- has performed in orchestras, big bands, choirs, and even vocal a Capella groups.
- was originally introduced to Doug & Gravity as a client. The project Doug and Tim first collaborated on received airplay on Q101.
- loves laying down hip-hop guitar parts. He loves it so much, he's done session guitar work for artists Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa.
- studied Music Engineering Technology and Electrical Engineering at University of Miami.
- has strongly considered changing his last name to Yamaha, both for potential inheritance reasons and to avoid future spelling errors on album credits.
- is often told he looks like half-Japanese celebs such as Sean Lennon or Devin Setoguchi. And caucasian celebs such as...well, really only John Cusack.